Monday, May 2, 2011

Postcard Swap [3] - The Finished Postcards

Wow. iHanna's 2011 Postcard Swap was great fun! It was just what I needed to help me out of my creative rut and get moving to more creative endeavors. This is a picture heavy post! (click on any of the pictures to see the postcards in detail)

The Group Shot

I thought about doing a couple of photos today, tomorrow and so on until I showed them all, but I've already been working on other projects to share, so here they are - all my postcards (and a few extras!)

The Addressees (finished the postcards with a kraft cardstock backing)

So true.
It's always the first steps that seem the hardest!

Love this quote.


Mini staples make the 'silver lining'

This one might just be my favorite...colors, texture, the quote.

Had been looking for a project to use this stamp on for awhile. Glad to have found one. If I hadn't needed to mail this, I would have left the flower whole (I was worried it would get ripped off in transit.)

I made a batch of these stamped, embossed butterflies on white cardstock & color with inks/shimmer/colorwashes when needed.


 LOVE LOVE LOVE this quote.

Picture definitely didn't do this one justice. The shimmer and color
are so much more rich and vibrant IRL.

This one spoke to me. Almost kept it!
Thinking I will recreate something similar on canvas.

The heart is crinkled and ironed vellum...the heat caused the raised (crinkled) parts of the vellum to melt and puff, when it cooled and settled it was almost like embossing.

This was an extra background. Loved the 'fire' in this one.

Another extra. Was playing around with a few more techniques. Fun colors!

Now that I have a better idea what the Post Office is willing to accept, I'll be more daring in next year's swap! I hope they all arrived a little travel worn, but still in intact!

Inky hugs,
Angi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and visit! I read all of the comments and appreciate your thoughts. May all your Mayhem be crafty messes...inky hugs!