Saturday, April 6, 2013

Card Makin' Mamas - No Patterned Paper

Time for another Card Makin' Mamas challenge inspiration! This is the last week to link up your card using NO PATTERNED PAPER...

Challenge? Yes.

I love a challenge and since this one allows me to use whatever my creative heart desires, I was up for it!

...the light is a bit off...the panel under the flowers is actually chocolate chip!

I've got a busy schedule (more on this subject later) and didn't have time to take pictures for a tutorial, but lucky you, I was inspired by this video. I have had this Stampin' Up! stamp (Inspired by Nature) since it came out...LOVE IT! It's such a versatile stamp and the other side has long beautiful blades of grass...they shouldn't have retired this one...anyhoo, I was so inspired by Tami's video I essentially CASEd the design, but not all the techniques! I changed up the colors and used the En Francais background stamp for the text.

Follow the video. What I did differently: to 'stain' the background' use blending tool and Crumb Cake to ink up background - leave no white, but vary depth of color. Trust me...leave no white. When you mist the paper, you'll be glad you didn't!

I also used En Francais with Versamark to ink up the card base.

Here's a more 'loved' version of the panel...


This is just a card front. I'll attach it to a card base later. The last step with the coneflower panel was to lightly mist the back of the panel and then crumple it up! If this is your first time, I understand...you may feel uncomfortable, but JUST DO IT! Open it back up. Do you see areas that need more aging? Crumple the panel again, only this time be more conscientious about where and how you are folding, crushing, bending the paper to get the look you want. If you want the paper to be flattened, go ahead and iron it. The creases and folds will still be seen, but it will be easier to attach the panel.

I also tore the edges of the purple panel and used a distressing tool to soften them.

Off to make a few more cards...

Inky hugs,
Angi



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and visit! I read all of the comments and appreciate your thoughts. May all your Mayhem be crafty messes...inky hugs!