Thursday, February 9, 2012

Great Impressions DT - Blowin' Bubbles - Z Fold Card

Where does the week go? For that matter where does my day go?! Spent most of the last evening helping my son finish up his science fair project...the whole time I was thinking about the card that I wanted to create for this week's Design Team post for Great Impressions Stamps! So, once again, I'm up in the wee hours of the morning posting...Here's a peek of the card...(for more inspiration visit the Great Impressions Stamps' blog...)


I've followed Moxie Fab World's Tuesday Triggers for ages, but had never participated, but after seeing this picture...


Click the link above to play along!

I decided it was time to play! I'm not much of a pink girl and I had been wanting to use red, black and white (there are little pink flowers along the panels!) for one last Valentine's Day card. I love cupcake wrappers...how can you not? They're ruffley, cute and the best part is they are usually wrapped around something delectable!

Z Fold cards hold surprises, too. And my card is 'wrapped' with something ruffley, too...the doily border! As for the sprinkles, my card has glitter and embossing powder and dots...yummy!

I used three Great Impressions stamps and with a little masking I created a simple scene to travel the length of this Z Fold card.



Masking is simple and helps to combine stamps and make more complicated designs. You simply start with the image you want in the foreground. I'm using Mouse with Bubble Hearts. Stamp it on your project and then stamp it on something thin like a Post-It note. I like the Post-It notes because I always have them around and they're sticky, but repositionable, so they won't move when I stamp.

After you've stamped on the Post-It, trim the areas that you need to stamp over. Place the trimmed image over your project image. Now ink up the next stamp - in this case the Meadow Border. Stamp over (and across) the mask. Peel off the mask and finish up your project!



I used Copics to color the mouse and the flowers, chalk for the grass and Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Tumbled Glass for the sky.

And the black with white dots? That's Smash tape. Love that stuff! Tape, I mean. Washi, masking, paper, tissue, cloth...I've been hoarding collecting it and am now pulling it out to play with. There's something freeing about tearing it off the roll and slapping it down!

Alright...I better get to today's stuff. Have a great day & make something fun!

Inky hugs,
Angi

Stamps: Great Impressions Mouse with Bubble Hearts (G46), Valentine (E330), Meadow Border (F496)
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versamark Watermark, Tim Holtz Distress Ink Tumbled Glass
Tools: heat gun, Martha Stewart Doily Lace Punch, Scor-Pal
Other: Smash tape, Copics, clear embossing powder, glitter, chalks, American Craft Zing Wave



I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:

No comments: