Sunday, November 4, 2012

Great Impressions November Challenge - Holidays

When I was younger, I thought when I got older, time wouldn't go as fast, I would have more time on my hands...boy, was I wrong!!! I'm sure there are a few of you who are having a chuckle over my naivety. Go ahead and laugh! I am. It's good for the body and soul, right? ❤

Can you believe it's the 11th month of the year? I feel like Halloween was just the other day...oh yeah...it was. Ugh. Thanksgiving is just weeks away. While I absolutely love the family and friends aspects of the holidays, I wish these days of celebration were spread out more throughout the year. Whose idea was it to have Thanksgiving barely a month before Christmas?!

Anyway, it's time for the newest challenge on the Great Impressions Stamps blog and the theme is...

HOLIDAYS!

There are plenty of holidays, no matter where you're from, so create something and join us!

I've been wanting to use Winter Chickadee (G28). Such a simple image, but soft and sweet. Here's the hanging winter decor piece.


The Winter Chickadee is embossed in black and then colored with Copics. All of the cardstock panels are popped up with foam dots. I used my Sizzix eClips to resize and then cut a free SVG file designed by Jenny and used this as the base. (Thank you, Jenny!)

The patterned papers are from the Echo Park line - Very Merry.

I loved that this came together so easily! A Great use for my larger scraps. The acetate window definitely adds some fun dimension and allowed me to attach the There's Magic in the Air... (B218) sentiment to the front. 

To make the banner: I used regular printer paper for a softer, more distressed look. Stamped the sentiment with Black Archival ink and then sponged on Vintage Photo. Sprayed Perfect Pearls in Pearl over the top and then squished up the paper being careful not to tear it up too much. Unfolded/opened the banner and then used a heat gun to dry it. Inked up the edges a little more, folded it as shown, added the ep powder. Melted it and then attached the banner to the ornament.





I knew I would hang this up with ribbon, so I needed to reenforce the cardstock parts on top, so I added Frantage Embossing Enamel to the top section and then bottom sections of the frame base.



I like the piece simple, but who knows? I might get a creative itch and want to add something to this piece later...pins, tags, more ribbon.

Don't forget, if you enter the monthly challenge, you'll be entered into the prize drawing!

And if you use a Great Impressions Stamp (or two, or three) you'll be entered twice!

Thank you for spending a bit of your Sunday with me!

Inky hugs,
Angi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and visit! I read all of the comments and appreciate your thoughts. May all your Mayhem be crafty messes...inky hugs!