Thursday, January 26, 2012

Great Impressions DT - Getting Inked!

If you're stopping by because you think it's me that's getting inked...sorry...have to disappoint you, but if you're here to see what projects got inked this week...well, pull up a chair and visit!


Happy 'Day before Friday!' It's been a crazy week around here...spent the last couple of days under the weather...on my day off no less...and still recovering, so this post will be short & sweet.

I've always been fascinated by tattoo art (not that I've ever really wanted to get inked) and how people seem to choose their designs based on some life experience (okay...there are exceptions to this...yes, lots of exceptions, but we're not going there today...) anyhoo...this week's project was based on some older, simple designs...


The Great Impressions' Rose Banner reminds of those old fashioned valentines with the hearts and swags, so I couldn't resist (pun intended!) getting my heart inked up, dressed up...embossed, crackled and popped up! This is the perfect banner stamp...I'm going to get a lot of use out of this one!

Okay, after looking at this picture while I'm typing up the post, I realized this card still needs a little something...extra ribbon, pearls, bling...so you may find another version of this card in a few days (with a few close up shots)...just saying'...

Hope you're making some time to get messy this weekend...I know I will! Don't forget to stop by the Great Impressions' blog to see the rest of the Stamp of the Month's stamps for January and leave a little comment love.

Off to get some rest...

Inky hugs,
Angi

Stamps: Great Impressions Rose Border (E744), Always Cherish Memories (E745), Rose Intertwined Hearts (G450)
Inks: Versamark Watermark
Tools: heat gun; Martha Stewart Doily Lace Punch; EK Success Heart Punch
Other: Ranger Distress Crackle Paint Rock Candy; American Crafts Zing Embossing Powder Wave, Silver; Tim Holtz Distress Ink Vintage Photo; Ranger Perfect Pearls Mist Pearl; Wild Orchid Crafts Mulberry Paper Roses

No comments: