My friend Krista posted this meme on her blog and I decided that I would do the same! It's fun to read juicy details about the author of a blog...I almost always learn something new. If you feel inclined to share a little about yourself, please copy this meme and put your link in the comments, so that I can visit your blog (or send me an email! )
(In the past I have received several of these types of surveys. I have never actually participated in one until today. So, if you have ever sent me one of these surveys/memes, here ya go!)
1) Are you currently in a serious relationship?
Uh…yeah! I think 17+ years is bordering on ‘serious!’
2011 will be 20 years!
2) What was your dream growing up?
I wanted to be a marine biologist, living and researching life in the ocean.
3) What talent do you wish you had?
Intuitive Aptitude – the ability to know things without formal education or special training
4) If I were to buy you a drink, what would it be?
A REAL banana milkshake – real banana, vanilla bean ice cream, whole milk, topped with full fat, fluffy whipped cream (not the canned stuff!), sprinkled with finely chopped pecans
5) Favorite vegetable?
Sweet Corn ON the cob (with lots of butter, salt, pepper and a dash of cayenne!)
6) What was the last book you read?
Last book: Bone Song (John Meaney)
Currently listening to: Three Cups of Tea (Greg Mortensen and David Oliver Relin)
Finishing up the Eye of the World series. Was sad when Robert Jordan passed away.
7) Which zodiac sign are you?
Aquarius – I’m a dreamer!
8) Any tattoos and/or piercings? Explain where.
No tats. My ears 5Xs (2 sets and a single).
9) What would you say is your worst habit?
I’m a foodie! I love to experience food, not just eat it! Texture, aroma, temperature, flavors, color…so I may just have to have another piece to enjoy (not just eat!)
10) If you saw a friend walking down the street would you offer them a ride?
Is it raining?! Just kidding. Yeah, I would.
11) What is your favorite sport?
Chasing my children around the tiled house with a wooden spoon! It’s great exercise for your core, especially when you can slide around the corners really fast while wearing socks! What a way to whittle the waist! ( I crack me up! rotfl)
Seriously, swimming! It has everything – skills, individual, team, suspense, easy to watch…and none of the events last more that 15-20 minutes.
12) Do you have a mostly negative or optimistic attitude?
Definitely, positive! Who wants to be the one to suck the fun out of everything?!
13) What would you do if you were stuck in an elevator with someone?
Probably have to pee! Haha. Really. When I get nervous, I have to go! I would probably try all the buttons and the phone/alarm and then talk up a storm since that’s the other thing I do when I’m nervous! I’m a little claustrophobic.
14) What's the worst thing that's ever happened to you?
My mother died when I was barely 20.
15) Tell me one weird fact about you.
Weird? Uh…my family thinks I’m weird because I don’t like peanut butter on my pancakes, French toast or pickle & mayo sandwiches. (Well, that last one is just Jess!)
16) Do you have any pets?
A neurotic Australian Shepherd named Roxie (a.k.a. Velcro Dog!) and about 100 fish (many cichlids, mostly African Malawi; guppies; plecos; several species of loaches; shrimp; angelfish; others…)
Alas, the fish went to other homes when we were getting ready to move from Germany back to the states. We now have 2 dogs, the Aussie and a Border Collie rescue named Maverick.
17) What would you do if a friend showed up at your house unexpectedly?
Chat with them on the porch. If it seemed that we might talk awhile, invite them in. Unless I know you well, then you’ll get invited in right away!
“If you’re coming to see me – come on over! If you’re coming to see the house – make an appointment!” See the “About Me” over in the right-hand column…see Domestic Goddess in training?
18) What was your first impression of your best friend?
“This girl is FUN!”
19) Do you think clowns are cute or scary?
In general, scary! Remember Stephen King’s “It”?!
20) If you could change one thing about how you look, what would it be?
I would love to have my mother’s hair – long, straight, thick, rich black hair!
21) Would you be a crime partner or someone's conscience?
Depends on what it was. If we’re talking a real crime – breaking the law, hurtful, could go to jail kind of crime – call me Miss Killjoy. If we're talking prank, where everyone would laugh about it tomorrow - count me in!
22) What color are your eyes?
Brown. (Plain brown, James!)
23) Have you ever been arrested?
I’m sorry. Could you repeat the question? *wink*
24) Bottle or can pop?
“Pop?” This reminds me of my coastal family…If given the choice - Give me fountain soda!
25) If you won $10,000 today, what would you do with it?
I think I would take the family on some sort of worldly once-in-a-lifetime, do some good, expedition trip – will have to research this one…
27) What's your favorite place to hang at?
Easy! On the beach on a comfy chaise lounger, a book, and a banana milkshake, admiring the hubby while he plays with the kids! :o)
28) Do you believe in ghosts?
No, but I do believe in spirits, too.
29) What's your favorite thing to do in your spare time?
What spare time?! If we’re talking just about ‘me’ time…it would be reading and crafting, preferable in an outdoor setting.
30) Do you swear a lot?
It is not my usual mode of speech…
31) What's your biggest pet peeve?
Whiners! Those people that complain about the same things over and over again and never DO anything about it.
32) In one word, how would you describe yourself?
33) Do you believe/appreciate romance?
Is this a trick question? I don’t go for the grandiose over-the-top one day a year kind of romance. I LOVE the little, thoughtful things he does to show me that he’s thinking of me every day!
35) Do you believe in God?
Yes, with all my heart.