Thursday, December 9, 2010

#reverb10 - Let Go


Let Go.
What (or whom) did you let go of this year? Why?
(Author:
 Alice Bradley)
The answer to this prompt came quickly, but the words to write about it did not. When I chose to participate in Reverb10, I didn't think about how hard it would be to put 'me' on the page. I could write about this in my journal, be brutally honest and know that those words would be safe.

Not so much here.

Do you see what I see?

More so because it isn't only strangers reading these, but friends and family - people I know.  I might run into them later today or tomorrow. Maybe I'll talk on the phone with them soon. (Will you ask me about this? It's okay, if you do, but I don't know if I'm ready to share the details...)

Clutter.

People. Things. All require time and maintenance. Do they enrich my Life in any way? Do I love them? How do I feel when I'm around them? It's easier to dump the bad stuff than the good stuff, even knowing it's not what's best for you.

I breathe easier remembering that the truth about letting go isn't about denial; it's about freedom.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and visit! I read all of the comments and appreciate your thoughts. May all your Mayhem be crafty messes...inky hugs!