Sunday, November 24, 2013

2013 iHanna DIY Postcard Swap - The Quickie. More to Come!

embossing powder, dimensional pearls, gesso, Gelatos, washi...oh my!

Hello, Friends!
I am so excited to share my postcards from the 2013 iHanna DIY Postcard Swap! This year I swapped 10+1 cards; this is my second iHanna Postcard Swap. If you are interested in exchanging postcard-size pieces of artsy goodness, be sure to sign up for Hanna's newsletter to be one of the first to know when she opens the next swap!

Instead of posting all of the cards in one post, I'm going to spread the love around a bit and share a couple at a time over the next few weeks with detailed posts. (I will upload all of the cards to my flickr & instagram accounts this weekend.)

Today I'm sharing one card to get started. Be sure to stop by Tuesday to see how I prepped all the bases and my basic process.

I can't even tell you how much fun it was to make these cards! I am still amazed how the layers build up and the finished product is always better for it. This year I signed up at the last minute, so I was a little pressed for time. I decided to use the same steps for each card and vary the details.


I always wonder what the process looks like for a piece of art. Since I'm not quite set up for video, yet, I took a few pictures, so YOU can see where I started. Above you see the base with scribbles of Gelatos. Not much to look at.


I chose a few colors of sprays/mists and spritzed the cards and used my fingers to moosh it all around. (I'm pretty sure that's a technical term...) Looks better, right?

After letting it dry. I added quotes and phrases using alphabet & other stamps and embossed them with black embossing powder. LOVE the texture and the shine the embossing adds!

(Check out this ornament I made last year...or This ATC - embossing enamels, powders, and crackle accents can make a good project great!)


After the stamping and embossing, I used Adirondack Dimensional Pearls to add more color, shine and glimmer. I squirted a dot or two and then used my fingers to spread it like paint. Using multi-medium gel I added various Frantage Mica Fragments where ever I felt I needed some glam.



After all of that I still feel it needed a bit more, so out came the washi tape! A little bit here, a little there...done! (I wrapped the washi around the edge on to the backside for interest. Sorry, forgot to get a picture!)

Here is the stack before I mailed them... Make sure to click on the pictures in this post to see more details. Feel free to leave a comment, if you have any questions or feedback! And don't forget to check back on Tuesday to see how I created the first couple of layers...

2013 iHanna Postcard Swap (Autumn)

Inky hugs,
Angi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and visit! I read all of the comments and appreciate your thoughts. May all your Mayhem be crafty messes...inky hugs!