Sunday, July 1, 2012

Great Impressions Stamps July Challenge - Coloring in the Lines & Design Team Call

(This post didn't actually make it up on time. I was having trouble with Blogger. Glad to finally be able to get this posted! Hope you'll enter the challenge this month!)

It's time for another challenge at the Great Impressions Stamps blog! This month the theme is:


You can use pencils, paints, Copics, markers...whatever coloring medium you prefer!
Remember you can get extra entries for the prize drawing by using a Great Impressions Stamp.
We want to see your best work! This month each design team member will be choosing their favorites to display, too!

For this card, I used Buford Feeling Poorly (G183) and On the Mend (E385). Isn't Buford a darling sickie? Love that the image has 'soup' in it - definitely my family's recipe for the blahs. Soup made with love makes everything better! 


I colored this image with the Distress Markers. I stamped the image twice in Memento Tuxedo Black. I used an acrylic block and colored the marker on to a section of the block. Then I wiped a wet (not dripping) brush through the color I needed and used it on the images. (I colored Buford in one image, then cut him out and popped him up on the other image where I had already colored the rest of the image.)


The tissue box is paper pieced using a scrap of patterned paper and white tissue paper.

Since the quilt was a main detail, I decided stitching was needed on the squares and I embossed part of the On the Mend stamp in black. (You've got to see the rest of that stamp!)

We are also holding a Design Team call for one new member! If you're interested, be sure to visit the Design Team Call post (all the details are here - deadline is July 14th), send Jenny an email and enter the July challenge. Can't wait to see what you color!

Inky hugs,
Angi

1 comment:

  1. So stinking cute. I love to paper piece. My newest card is that way with the beach bear. Great card and design:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and visit! I read all of the comments and appreciate your thoughts. May all your Mayhem be crafty messes...inky hugs!