Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day Gifts - DIY Frame & Easel

Happy Monday!

I can't believe in just a couple of weeks my kiddos will be home for the summer...I have to admit I am looking forward to the family time!


For the last couple of weeks I have been working with a classroom of 3rd graders on a Mother's Day project. Did you see the peek in yesterday's post?

I was hoping to send home a little something different, something their mom's just might want to keep around for longer than the weekend...



I know I will! I think the kids and I will be making a few more of these.

I love how this project turned out! The only things I would have liked to have done differently...allow each child more time to get messy and personalize their frame...alas, when working with 25 kids and a limited window of opportunity...well, you do the best that you can, right?

All said and done I think this class project would come to less than $10 - I paid about $4 for the photos (there were some glitches with the editing/printing and I ended up paying for two sets of prints), $2 for the rose ribbon and I had everything else on hand. I think it took all of 4 sheets of poster board - if you're using gesso feel free to recycle old poster board, chipboard, cardboard - whatever!

If you have any questions about this project, leave a comment or send me an email.

Inky hugs,
Angi

No comments: