Saturday, July 14, 2012

Where Bloggers Create 2012

(click the link to read about Karen Valentine and to see the linked list of all 2012's participants!)
I'm glad that you stopped by and hope you'll say 'hello' before you leave!

I'm so pleased to be able to participate this year! I'm on the road, so this post is picture heavy with a little commentary. I had hoped to be able to tell a little more of my story, but that'll have to wait for another post! Click the pictures for a better view.

This is the view from the entrance.
One of my favorite displays in my studio is the wire that holds cards and art from my husband (really!) and kids.

A closer view... 

I like to use vintage items to store the fun stuff.

There are 2 bars on the edge of my workbench. Custom designed and built by my DH.
(yep...I know I'm a lucky girl!)

Buttons in recycled glass containers...a few jars are jelly jars I picked up in France.

My favorite clock and my clothesline of Adirondack Color Washes.

My canvas board piece made during a Pan Pastels class with the very entertaining Donna Downey.

Artwork created by my youngest kids.

My spinner. Love how it keeps the blending tools organized.

Jars of collected vintage & found items.

Due to my procrastination, I was only able to take a few shots before we left, so I apologize for the lack of pretty photography! Something that was important to me when designing the area was to have a place for my kids to work on projects and a place to display my family's art along with mine. 

Certainly, my studio is a work in progress. I began this year to start thinking about how my studio could be more than just functional. So, not a lot of style right now, but I am working on making the storage pretty. I know that I will be inspired by stopping by the other blogs and seeing their studios and can't wait to get home to get back to making my studio a lovely place to create in!

 Thank you, Karen, for hosting this lovely online event!

Inky hugs,
Angi

15 comments:

  1. I love your adirondack color washes clothes
    line banner. These spaces reflect a
    very committed artist busy and creative Pat Beglin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome creative Space ♥
    *hugs*deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your studio space...I really love your stamp spinner! how handy of a doo dad is that? Where did you find it?


    visit with me if you wish...

    ciao bella
    creative carmelina
    www.creativecarmelina.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice size space in which to create. Fun idea putting your children's artwork up to inspire!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So great that both you and your kids have a place to create... I think that is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved seeing your art room - thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! What a fantastic work area you have
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your HUGE peg board, love your tag line and love all your fabulous jars storing all your yummy supplies, and those vintage containers as well. Great room and I can't wait to see what you do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We need to plan a play date in that space of yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great studio, love your artwork! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Angi! Thank you so much for joining the party and sharing your studio! I love the colorwash tags and the painting you made with heart on it. Really awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Soo much storage! I love it! I really like that wire hanging across the room for projects! I have been trying to figure out where I can do something similar for ATCs and such.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your space and the fact that you have it open to your kids' and husband's creativity! I will be back to see your creations.....

    Have a safe trip.
    Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your rainbow banner and your kids art! And you are soooo organized!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your making mayhem space is so conducive to great work and creativity. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and visit! I read all of the comments and appreciate your thoughts. May all your Mayhem be crafty messes...inky hugs!