Monday, January 6, 2014

Globecraft & Piccolo - First Project Ocean Dreams Frame Card

Isn't that a mouthful? I was so busy over the holidays, I didn't even have a chance to share the good news...

(click on the link to meet the rest of the girls!)

Raw chipboard, enamel powders and gels, UV resin...so much to play with, so little craft space! (My family would be rolling their eyes right now. One of the blessings of our last move: craft ROOM. Stop by at the end of the month to see it!)


(this is the retake. a little blown out, but the shine and colors are hard to photograph on a gray day!)

If you stopped by yesterday, you'd see that I made a lovely little jar using a mermaid image. Well, I always print & color extra images so I can try different color combos, or for that just in case moment when your marker decides to spit on your project!

Anyhoo, it's been dreary around here, and I've been thinking about warmer weather and beaches, so here's another project using that image, but more importantly using some of the great products from Globecraft & Piccolo!

You know I love using embossing powders. Enamel powders are basically chunky e.p. sometimes mixed with other colors, glitter or super fine micas.

These powders are truly gorgeous! They are fun to use and add great texture and interest to your projects. My first post is a tutorial on how to make this simple 2 color ombre frame that I used on the above card.



To see the tutorial,

A couple of things I learned while working on this project...

Don't squeeze the Enamel fluid bottle too hard...the lid will pop off and you will end up with a puddle on your craft mat that will work it's way towards the edge of the workbench while you frantically try to move everything out of its way, just in case you can't grab a towel in time to stop it...yep. 

(Obviously, it wasn't moving too quickly...I was able to snap a picture! lol)

If I had been able to get a better picture of the whole card (still working on that got it!), you would be able to see my fingerprint on the frame...don't touch the enamel right after you melt it. It's hot and soft.

Even with my mishaps, I am pretty tickled with the way it all turned out. It's been forever since I've made a shaker card. (not sure I've actually EVER made one...) Foam tape around the edges, a little leftover Christmas snow, topped with another scrap of acetate...and it's a shaker!


Besides the Enamel Powders, I have a few of the gels and one of the Mini Steampunk Airships (I can't wait to start working on this!), and a few more fun things. Lots of projects in the pipeline!

Well, I think I have rambled enough today. Be sure to stop by the G&P blog to see the other great projects!

Inky hugs,
Angi

Playing along with these challenges:
Robyn's Fetish Challenge Blog - Use a Digi
Oozak - Anything Goes w/Blue Tones
Open-Minded Crafting #1 - Use New Toys/Technique - using Globecraft&Piccolo enamel powders
Outlawz Copic Challenges - New (must sign in to see challenge)

10 comments:

  1. SUPER amazing project Angi and CONGRATS on the DT!!!! I can't wait to see what you do with your Airship...I have been eyeing one for weeks now!!! BTW...I did the same thing with my fluid bottle too!! LOL....Lessons to be learned!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big congrats. Excited for the airship.... Love this project too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautiful. I like how you did the ombre. Thank You for joining us over at The Robyn's Fetish Challenge Blog.

    Michelle (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely stunning!! I love it!! That frame is amazing!! So much fun stuff to play with.. Congrats!! That is awesome!!! Wow!! Gorgeous creation!!! Thanks so much for joining us at Open-Minded for our first challenge!!!

    - Susan
    {Scrap A Thousand Words}
    {Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card, I really like the glittery frame. thanks for joining us in the fun at Robyn's Fetish Challenge.
    Laurence DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing! I like embossing frame on your card. Thank you for participating in the first challenge at the Open-Minded Crafting Fun. Joanna DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. I commented on the G&P blog, but this is so stunning I thought it deserved another comment :) And I LOVE the fact that I'm not the only one whose fingerprints are on my creations ~ thanks for your sweet comments XO

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow what a cool card and technique! Amazing job! Thanks for playing the Oozak Challenge!
    -Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous. Love the sentiment too! Very sage advice.
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. ohhhh so fun! Just love shaker cards and I haven't made one yet.... still in my to do list. Love all the great sparkle to this card! Awesome image! And congrats on the new position!!!

    Thanks for joining our fortnightly challenge here at Open Minded Crafting Fun Challenge. Hope you will join us next time co-owner Crafting Vicky

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and visit! I read all of the comments and appreciate your thoughts. May all your Mayhem be crafty messes...inky hugs!