Monday, January 20, 2014

Globecraft & Piccolo - Altered Postcard with Adhesive Drippage

Happy Monday, friends!

I've got a fun project to share - an altered postcard! When was the last time you sent some art through the mail? Well, I won't be mailing this postcard without an envelope, but it's definitely more interesting with a few additions from Globecraft & Piccolo!


I started off with a leftover altered postcard I had.

You can see how I make the postcard bases HERE & HERE.

I dabbed on some Enamel Powder Adhesive and then embossed the filigree heart and the key from the A114 Keys to My Heart set with Royal Sterling - this is a stunning mix!


One of the last details I added - 3D Enamel Gel (Mars Black) into the keyhole. It's all in the little details, isn't it?


Here is a piece of the set A100 Steampunk Airship Accents(My daughter thinks it looks like an owl...we may have to design a project with that in mind some time...) This is embossed with Aged White. Note that this is a tiny piece and the Aged White is a chunky powder. A little goes a really long way here!


These pieces are even tinier...dare I say 'micro'? They are from A138 Micro Flourishes. I decided to only emboss 2/3 of the mini flourish and then coated it with Glastique Gloss for some shine. The Glastique over the plain book board deepens the color. I like the look!


To make the Royal Sterling drippage, I carefully opened the Enamel Powder Adhesive and poured just a bit on my craft mat. Then, I used the end of a cheap paintbrush and preceded to dip and drip on the postcard, pulling the drip down the card.


Tip: use less Enamel Powder Adhesive than I did in the picture! 

Add some more Royal Sterling Enamel Powder & get to melting! As things cooled, I added them to the postcard. I used the Glastique to adhere the the vellum cardstock (the piece with the sentiment) under the ribbon. All of the small accents were adhered using Glastique, too.

Well, I hope that you enjoyed this project today and will stop by the G&P blog. I would suggest tomorrow to see what crafty goodness Tracy will bring! ;)

Inky hugs,
Angi

1 comment:

  1. just popping by to say hi Angi :)
    this is wonderful & so creative
    thanks for the inspiration xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and visit! I read all of the comments and appreciate your thoughts. May all your Mayhem be crafty messes...inky hugs!