It's time for another challenge on the Great Impressions Stamps Blog! September's Challenge is SENTIMENTS - with or without an image...your choice!
You know how much I love using butterflies...I figured I had time for one more butterfly project before the fall and winter ideas take over. For this project I used the Elegant Butterfly and Said the Butterfly stamps on a 4x4 coaster. IRL there is some awesome shimmer on this piece!
Have you ever used the Batik technique? Say that 5 times fast! lol It makes wonderful backgrounds and allows you to layer images using a negative-type effect.
- Stamp using Versamark Watermark, cover with clear embossing powder and then heat.
- Ink, spray, paint the background.
- Using a baby wipe or damp paper towel, clean off the embossed area(s).
- Place a piece of cardstock or even printer paper over the embossed image.
- Using a hot craft iron, press the iron over the embossed area(s) for a few seconds. Lift off the cardstock and check your image. Is it still shiny?
- If it is, repeat the ironing, using a clean area on the card stock until the clear embossing is gone.
- If it is not, start on the next layer!
I stamped my sentiment with Versamark Watermark and used black embossing powder. Do you see the shadow words? I dropped the stamp the first time and, of course, not all the words were clear. I used an embossing bag over the first stamp in the hopes that it would act as an eraser. It didn't work so well, but I like the effect - happy accident!
I hope that you've enjoyed your visit, maybe even found a little inspiration, and join us in the Great Impressions September Challenge!
If you have any questions or thoughts about this project or anything else you see on Making Mayhem, feel free to leave a comment or send an email.
Stickles, Tattered Angels Glimmer Mists - Sunflower, Sun Sisters, Tuscan Sun, Rum Punch, Adirondack Color Wash - Wild Plum, black and clear embossing powder, Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher, scraps of twill, rose ribbon, sheer white ribbon, linen thread, lace, white tulle, found buttons and metal, pin & beads, Perfect Pearls Mist - Pearl