Thursday, January 12, 2012

Great Impressions DT - I am a thousand winds

Warning...you may need a tissue...and some chocolate...and a little extra time...

There is an *Irish bereavement blessing that says, "...I am a thousand winds that blow...". I love this thought. If you've ever lost someone close to you - a pet, a friend, a family member...you know where ever you are there seem to be reminders all around you...the thousand winds that blow...



Creating handmade cards and projects means that you have to plan ahead, so as a Great Impressions Design Team member I've been thinking ahead to next month; February is always a bittersweet month for me. Although my birthday and Valentine's Day are in February, I experienced the loss of someone very important to me many years ago shortly after the holiday.


Over the years I have learned to focus my thoughts on the gifts of love in my life and to celebrate those wonderful people who take the time to let me know they care.


Recently, some friends of our's were waiting for what many would consider a tragedy to happen. While the loss seemed inevitable, families and friends, and even strangers chose to help the family share the beauty of the moment with pictures and heartfelt words.


One particular act of love caught my attention: one family released balloons with their children. What a wonderful way to celebrate the joy of life and love, no matter how brief!


(This would be a really good time to hug or call and let someone know you care...no worries...I'll wait...)


Okay...ready?


So, when I was thinking about this project of love and my project for this week, it all came together.


Well, in my head it all came together...not so much (at first) with my project...


For those of you new to the crafty bloggy world...don't be dismayed when the idea you had doesn't quite work out the first time...

or the second time...

or the third time...seriously!

Art for me is really about the process and this card literally took all day to make and I'm so glad I had the time to finish it!




I absolutely love the Great Impressions' Water Swirl Border (H200) stamp! I've used it as water, as billowing snow and now as the gusty wind...it's a great 'go to' stamp when I need 'something' to fill space, too.










For the sentiment, I chose to use just the 'Memories' portion of Always Cherish Memories (E745 - it's part of the January SOTM collection) 





Whew! I think I'll have that piece of chocolate now...


Happy Thursday! Hug the ones you love...


Inky hugs,
Angi



Stamps:  Great Impressions Stamps Water Swirl Border (H200), Patterned Balloons (F514), Always Cherish Memories (E745)
Inks:  Memento Tuxedo Black; Tim Holtz Distress Ink Vintage Photo, Versamark WatermarkTim Holtz Distress Stain Picket Fence
Patterned Paper:  Scraps from my Stash
Tools: Sizzix eclipse and eCAL; heat gun; needle; Tim Holtz Blending Tool; heart punch
Embellishments: brown twine, Flowersoft Polar White
Other: foam tape, tacky glue, Diamond Glaze




*To read all of the blessing visit Irish Blessings

No comments: