Saturday, November 1, 2008

Birthday Glittery Goodness!

My dear, patient daughter (don't expect to see that often!) has had a birthday celebration that has been stretched bit by bit over the last few days. On her birthday, we opened presents! We have a particular tradition of NOT wrapping presents in the traditional way. We blindfold the little ones, trust the older ones to keep their eyes shut and the birthday girl/boy has to guess what they are holding. We have tried to 'trick' them by placing the 'real' gift in other containers...Here is Kyrsten opening the present my brother made for her.



Kyrsten has been 'needing' a new MP3 player for awhile...we found the one she wanted on Amazon only to find out that they didn't ship electronics to APOs! My brother to the rescue! We shipped it to him and then he shipped it to us with a little something extra (the bracelet)...here she is opening her Zune 120.






























We finally had cake and ice cream...Friday morning for breakfast. German Chocolate Cake, homemade cream cheese icing (is there any other kind?), decorated to perfection by Glory, Jonny and Eve!

Happy Birthday, Kyrsten (again)! (Click on picture to see the details!)



This is the card that I made for her - today! She is all about glitter and stars and fun colors...how could I resist?!

The words on the side read: love play laugh grow dream

If you're interested...here's how I made it...

The base is Basic Black cardstock. First, I stamped the tree with Craft White. Later I decided I wanted to emboss it, so I took the Versamarker and colored over the white ink, then heat embossed it with clear embossing powder (ep). Swiped the sides of the card with the Craft White. I edged the tree with the Signo White Pen.

Next, I stamped the sentiments on the side using the Versamark pad, sprinkled with sapphire ep and then heat embossed...lovely, right?

I knew that I was going to use a gorgeous, glittery Prima for the moon, so I used the 1 1/4" circle punch to make room for it. Used the Versamarker to edge it, and draw the 'grass' then...used the Versamark pad for the tiny stars! Dusted all in irridescent ep...and you guessed it - heat embossed! (I did mention that this is one of my favorite techniques, right?)

Punched out the stars and dragged the edges across the ink pad - Tempting Turquoise and Orchid Opulence.

Stamped the cat on Shimmery White (love the subtle glow of this cardstock!) and the bird on a piece of patterened scrap paper, both in Chocolate Chip ink.

Cut them out, leaving a thin border around the image. (sidenote: if you ever receive a card embellished with an image that is hand cut...know this...you must be loved!)

Glued the cat down, and positioned the stars and bird, then popped those up using Dimensionals.

Dipped the top of the silver brad onto the Versamark pad then silver ep, heated it up and ta da! glittery brad for the glittery Primas! Attached the flowers using the dolled up brad. Done!

Stamps: Window Dressing (Hostess)
Paper: Basic Black, Shimmery White
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Tempting Turquoise, Orchid Opulence, Craft White
Accessories: Dimensionals, Clear EP, silver brad, white pen; Other: star punch, Prima flowers, glitter ep, sapphire ep

1 comment:

  1. Your card is awesome! I love the scene you created. SOOOOoooh cute! And the bling of course. Looks like your DD had a great birthday! :O)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and visit! I read all of the comments and appreciate your thoughts. May all your Mayhem be crafty messes...inky hugs!