Sunday, August 10, 2008

Love is Homemade!


A few months ago, I joined a group for Stampin’ Up demonstrator’s. The group meets once a month and usually someone teaches a technique or two. My first meeting (which I missed because I was volunteering at Cub Scout Day Camp!) was a 4 x 6 recipe card swap and a 6 x 6 gift page for Polly, who had been leading the group, who was now PCSing. I hadn’t even made a card for years…I wasn’t sure what I would do for this!

Decisions, decisions. Since I was getting down to the wire on time, decided on a family fave – Chicken Tetrazzini!

After days of surfing blogs and galleries, I finally started to figure out what designs I liked and what I might be able to do with the supplies I had on hand. (Even though I haven’t done much paper crafting in years, I have been collecting supplies!)

Was looking for something kind of summery, so decided on an orange, yellow color combo. Don't think it turned out so bad... Check it out and let me know what you think…don’t forget to try the recipe (and yes, you can leave out the mushrooms!)

The recipe:

Chicken Tetrazzini

8 oz. thin spaghetti
3 Tbsp butter
3 Tbsp all-purpose flour
¼ tsp cayenne or black pepper
1 tsp salt
2 cups chicken broth
¾ cup half & half
2 cups chicken, cooked, diced
¾ cup Parmesan cheese, grated

1 Tbsp butter
1 Tbsp lemon juice
8 oz. fresh mushrooms, sliced
¼ cup Parmesan cheese

1. Cook pasta “al dente” according to package directions. Drain.
2. While pasta is cooking, heat the butter in a saucepan. Add flour. Cook for a few minutes while stirring. Add pepper and salt and slowly stir in broth. Bring to a boil and simmer until slightly thickened. Stir in cream, chicken and cheese.
3. Heat butter and lemon juice in skillet. Sauté mushrooms until juice cooks off, about 5 minutes.
4. Combine pasta with cream mixture. Place ½ in a shallow baking dish. Spread mushrooms over pasta, reserving a few for garnish. Top with the rest of the pasta and mushrooms.
5. Sprinkle with cheese and bake uncovered at 375°F for 20 minutes or until bubbly and lightly browned. Serves 4-6

This is a group shot - made for 8.













Details...













The 6x6 gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and visit! I read all of the comments and appreciate your thoughts. May all your Mayhem be crafty messes...inky hugs!