Sunday, August 17, 2008

IKEA, Kickball and S'mores

Aaahhh! Thursday, Friday, Saturday...yep, it's been 3 days since I had intended to get some family stuff up. Well, in the past I would have felt totally guilty, but today, not so much.

Jess had taken a few days off from work and we hadn't had a date night in months, so I mentioned it. Our default date is dinner and a movie, but not much playing that we just had to see. Tossed around some ideas and then he said the magic words...

Do you need anything from IKEA? We could spend the day out there...

What kind of question is that?! As if that was really a question...YES!!! Of course, there's a sports store a few doors down, but hey, one for him, one for me!

So, late Thursday night we watched Cloverfield. Not a fan. I mean, c'mon! If I was running for my life from some chicken-headed, grasshopper legged alien, I would NOT be running with a recorder on my face!!! Although I will give kudos for the ending...I liked the irony, but it was a looonng time in coming. So Blair Witch. Don't recommend (unless, of course, you're a Blair Witch fan!)

Friday went to the doctor for this sore throat that I'd had for 2 weeks. Short version: Put off making a dr. appoint for a week. Finally called, got dr. appointment. Got in car. Cell phone rang. Dr. sick. Rescheduled for next day. Arrive 20 minutes early. Computers down. Didn't see dr. until an hour past my appointment time. 90 minutes later on my way to IKEA!

Love walking the showrooms. So many great ideas! Bought some stuff to organize my craft room (pics and update coming!) bars, baskets, magnets, metal strips...Best part? Jess hung up all my stuff on Saturday! He is so great at organizing my stuff! I got these translucent white baskets to hang on the bars, but only got 4 because I wasn't exactly sure 1. if I really liked them and 2. what I was going to actually use them for...I should have listened to Jess and bought 10! (There. I said it. You were right. It can happen to anybody!)

He bought some of the same stuff for the garage and he gave me one of his bars when I realized I should have gotten one more! Love this man! He so gets me.

Well, I said there would be pics of kickball and smores...sorry, not alot of pics. We were having such a great time eating, visiting and playing kickball that we forgot about the pics!


The Grill Master [a.k.a Fire Boy ;0)]


Jonny in action!


Mmmmm! S'mores!

2 comments:

  1. IKEA sounds like so much fun. I can't remember the last time that I went, I think that I am due. Anyway, I am so glad that you had a great time with your husband! Everyone needs a day like that every now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun post! He is a great husband to do all that. I can't wait to see it all--next time I come to your house!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and visit! I read all of the comments and appreciate your thoughts. May all your Mayhem be crafty messes...inky hugs!