Monday, August 25, 2008

After the Big Wig Bash...

I just had the best weekend, sitting at home and playing in an online 30 hour crop (started Friday night and ended early Sunday morning my time!) My first crop ever…whew! I’m paying for it now, but it was worth it!

Did anyone else play? It was called The Big Wig Bash. It was put on by Big Picture Scrapbooking and Key Lime Crops. Fabulous fun and prizes and it was free! (Sorry can't give a link to the Big Wig gallery - you had to preregister for the crop to have access.)

I was a little worried seeing that it was based in Pacific Time, but it really didn’t matter; in fact, I think it actually was better for me. On Friday, I only stayed up until about 0030 and since some of the activity slowed down (didn’t stop!) during my early morning time (they’re 9 hours diff, I think) I was able to catch up with what I missed – which wasn’t really much, since most of the projects weren’t due until the 29th hour.

My husband and kids were so great on Saturday! He was busy with studying and taking a mid-term and the kids pretty much took care of themselves most of the day. I did stop and make dinner and visit for a bit, but then I played until almost 0400! And yes, we made it to church on time Sunday morning! (If you saw me Sunday morning and thought I looked pretty rough...that was why! *grin* )

So, here’s the ad and my first layout. The message in the middle of the ad was perfect! (The challenge was an ad inspired layout. Sorry about the photos. The first hour was intro yourself with a big wig picture (the photo on the left), so I did. And then I added them to the layout.) The title reads:

- do something BIG while there's still time to put it in your autobiography -



While in between layout challenges I created an embellished journaling pocket. Not sure what I'll use it for, but K. said something about making one with magnets for her locker...



This challenge was to create an embellished quote. I decided to make it into a layout, so I could enter it into another challenge. (click to see)




This layout was a fun one! The challenge was to list 8 statements that were said/written about you that you could neither confirm nor deny! (Click the photo to read mine.)



Okay, I think that's enough for now. Off to run errands!

3 comments:

  1. Wow. Amazing what you did. Your creativity stuns me! What talent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous, how fun to crop at home. I tried doing crops in the states but hated packing up all my crap (. . . of course I mean special stash) I'll have to look into that one. And by the way, I'm just catching up to you, took me a minute to catch the new URL . . . I'm technologically handicapped with no hope for recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always knew you were crafty but now I can see how talented you really are. I would love to have a class where very crafty (scrap booking veterans like yourself) people helped people who have never done it before(or have very little experience). I really love what you did! I have never heard of those crops but it sounds like so much fun. Thats great that your family was able to take care of themselves so you could have fun-what a lucky lady!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and visit! I read all of the comments and appreciate your thoughts. May all your Mayhem be crafty messes...inky hugs!