Thursday, February 22, 2007
Thursday Thirteen #3
Thirteen Things About the Fasching Parade...
1. Get there early, at least 30 minutes, to get a good parking spot and be prepared to entertain the kids... (This is P.Blumen and friend rearranging the rock path!)
2. Be prepared to entertain ALL the kids... (This is P.Sunshine!)
3. If you don't entertain the kids, they will entertain themselves! (This is Little Man after crawling around in the grass...ewww!) Carry wipes, paper towels and baggies for the "gifts" the doggies leave.
4. Fasching is a time of letting loose...for EVERYONE! (This is some really tall man adjusting his do.)
5. What's a parade without horses? and horse poop...did I mention that the parade people are throwing candy?!
6. People in costume...no idea what they are...
7. Groups of girls in fluffy costumes...they just walked.
8. No fancy cars pulling floats here - bring in the tractors!!!
9. In case you needed some liquid refreshment...this man is handing out cups of beer from a float!
10. These are the Bunnys - ladies in blue wigs, shorts and tights...don't ask - I don't know!
11. Representing? They did play some "get up and move" rhythms and this zither guy was really moving!
12. And what kind of parade would it be without a balloon, of sorts?!
13. Did I mention they threw candy? little tins of lotion? bakery rolls? I got hit by all of those. Next year we're wearing helmets!